Minerva's Royal Mint Margarita
Makes One 12 oz. Margarita
- a vessel for brewing tea (could be a mug, small saucepan, or jar)
- a tea strainer (if you're using loose leaf tea)
- a shaker
- a shot glass
- a spoon or stirring stick
- a knife and cutting board
- a mortar and pestle (if you're crushing your own salt)
- a small plate
- a serving glass of choice (10-12 oz)
Prepares a 10-12 oz drink, with ice to taste
- 2 cups ice for mixing and drinking
- 1.5 oz tequila of your choice
- 1 oz lime juice (fresh if ya got it)
- .5 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Royal Treatmint concentrate
- 4 oz Tipo Chico sparkling water
- 1 lime for garnish and squeezing
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Himalayan salt for the rim, crushed
For the Royal Treatmint concentrate:
- Heat 6 oz water to under boiling (ideally 175 degrees)
- Add 1 tbsp Royal Treatmint loose leaf tea (or 1 teabag)
- Steep for 2-3 minutes, then strain / remove teabag and refrigerate to cool.
- Shake tequila, lime juice, Royal Treatmint concentrate, and Cointreau with ice.
- Cut lime into rounds, set aside.
- Lay crushed Himalayan salt on a plate.
- Wet the rim of your glass and turn lightly on the salted plate to rim it with salt.
- Pour mixed drink over ice, and top off with sparkling water. Stir.
- Ready to garnish and enjoy.