Micah Gause is a pleasantly caffeinated writer and artist from the South. Currently residing in Phoenix, AZ with her partner and 2 kitties, Micah runs a solo copywriting + brand strategy business, First Light Social.
When she’s not writing, you can find Micah hopping on a plane to sling literal glitter at Austin Opera on the wig + makeup team or taking a funky class- she’s got layers, y’all. She stumbled into coffee via the food service industry and hasn’t looked back since. Her favorite coffee memory includes all the Saturdays she (usually) spends in coffee shops trying new menu items with her boo.
Makes 1 drink
- 2 oz dry gin
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz Rosy & Bright Herbal Tea Simple Syrup
- Sparkling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Optional Garnish: Lemon wheel and/or maraschino cherry
First, the syrup!
Makes 1 8oz jar
- Heat 1 ¼ cups water to 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Steep 4 Rosy & Bright tea sachets in 1 ¼ cups in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut open sachets, and add herbs to the tea.
- Transfer tea + herbs to a saucepan.
- Boil tea + herbs + 1 c white sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to jar and cool.
Now, the cocktail.
- Add gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup to shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 s.
- Strain into a wine glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Optional final step: garnish with lemon wedge + maraschino cherry.
keep it rosy. keep it bright.